Isn’t it funny how DVD box sets are simply irresistible when you’ve got work to do?
To keep myself sane over January, a time when I had coursework and a dissertation to do for University, I fell back into my old OC box sets. In fact, I watched seasons 1 -4 in their entirety! I’ve always loved the fashion choices in the OC, in particular for the characters of Julie, Marissa and Summer.
One thing that I noticed as the seasons evolved is that Summer’s style also evolved, and began to seem more and more like actress Rachel Bilson’s personal bohemian style. Her outfits always looked so eclectic and laid back but, this said, she never fails to look well-put-together and groomed.
Using my favourite pieces from Topshop this week, here’s my guide to stealing Rachel’s/Summer’s style.
- Use a pretty blouse to smarten up denim. This hippy print blouse is timeless and will brighten up any outfit. Cost: £38.00.
- Toughen up a girly print with leather. This biker jacket will add an extra bit of grunge to any pretty garment, capturing the essence of Rachel’s style. Cost: £55.00.
- Say it with a scarf. Rachel loves to accessorise with a scarf, particularly favouring bold prints and colours. This wool scarf is the perfect mix of both. Cost: £40.00.
- Keep your heels chunky. Rachel is very petite and so she relies on high heels to bump her up a little – these chunky colour-block shoes will add a subtle splash of colour (and height) to every outfit. Cost: £65.00.
- Don’t forget your California glow! Rachel always ensures that her face is fresh and flawless to accompany her casual style. Use this peachy blusher to fake the L.A. look. Cost: £6.00.
The great thing about Rachel Bilson’s style is that she is always comfortable. Take one piece of advice from Rachel’s fashion choices and always feel cosy in your clothes! It’s a sure fire way to look and feel fabulous.
Total outfit cost: £204.00.